The Department for Education require that all Members, Trustees, Governors and Senior Executives of the Academy Trust declare all Business and Pecuniary Interests on an annual basis or as changes occur. Section 2.5 of the Academies Financial Handbook
provides information on the required process. All information submitted must be made available on the website.
The Business and Pecuniary Interest declarations can be found below for the Academy Trust Members, Trustees and Executive staff. Each school will publish the declarations for their Local Governing Boards on their website
James Clark- Chair of Board of Trustees
1. Employee- Dept. of Education and Lifelong Learning-Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, Head of Department. No services provided to the Academy Trust.(Retired 31.12.16).
2.Trustee of another educational organisation- Ashington Learning Partnership since 2005
(Record updated 25.11.17-no changes).
Dr Helen Roberts - Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees
1. Governor SMART Multi Academy Trust- North Fawdon Primary School.
(Record updated-No changes 1.9.17)
Gillian Caleary- Trustee
1. Director of Out Fox Commercial Thinking Ltd since Sept 2015- No services provided to the Academy Trust.
2. Director of Endura Flat Roofing Ltd since Mar 2016- No services provided to the Academy Trust.
(Record added 9.2.18)
Anthony Hodge -Trustee
1. Directorships-Align Property Consultants and Brierley Homes- Owners-North Yorkshire County Council- Since 2016. No services provided to the Academy Trust.
2.Employee- North Yorkshire County Council. Assistant Director- Strategic Resources, since 1.6.10
No services provided to the Academy Trust.
(Record updated 25.11.17).
Mrs Marie Leddy- Trustee
1. Parent Governor- SMART Multi Academy Trust- Kingston Park Primary School, Oct 2014-Dec 2017
2. Employee- HMRC- HEO, since 2004.No services provided to the Academy Trust.
3. Close relatives attending SMART Multi Academy Trust School - full declaration made
(Record updated 15.11.17).
(Record amended 5.1.18- End date of Governor role added Dec 2017).
Simon Taylor- Trustee
1. Director of SJT Management Holdings Ltd.
This Company provides no goods or services to the Academy Trust.
(No changes 1.9.17)
Jennifer Teulon- Trustee
1. Governor of another educational establishment- Regent Farm First School since 1.9.16
(record added 17.10.17)
Janette Corlett- Chief Executive Officer SMART Multi Academy Trust and Ex Officio Trustee
1. Company DIrector- JM Corlett Ltd. Educational Advice and Consultancy ,since January 2011. No services provided to the Academy Trust.
2. Ex Local Authority Employee- Newcastle City Council-principal Advisor for School Improvement January 2007 to 5.1.2015.
3. Governor of another educational establishment- Greenhead Primary School, since September 2016. Stepped down as a Governor during 2016.
4. Governor of another education establishment- Kenton School since 1.9.17
(Record updated 1.9.17 with the addition of item 4).
Martin Surtees - Chief Financial Officer SMART Multi Academy Trust
1. Ex Local Authority Employee- Newcastle City Council- Assistant Director of Education
April 2008 to November 2015.
2. Governor of another educational establishment- Ashfield Nursery School, Newcastle since April 2016. Resigned 1.1.17
3. Trustee of another educational establishment- Kenton School, Newcastle,since 16.1.18
(Record updated 1.9.17 -date of resignation from Governor role added).
(Record updated 16.1.18- adding item 3).
Ian Lane- Director of Teaching and Learning SMART Multi Academy Trust
1. Director of School Improvement Advisers Ltd, since Oct 2013. No services provided to the Academy Trust during employment.
(Record added 19.2.18)
Callum Foster- Member
1. Employee- Price Waterhouse Coopers, Ltd- Senior Manager, Professional Services, since 7.9.2015. No services provided to the Academy Trust.
2. Director-JAMARC Property and Project Management Limited- Newcastle Upon Tyne
No services provided to the Academy Trust
(Record updated 25.11.17 item 2, added)
Susan Foster - Member
1. Employee- John Lewis -Operations Manager since July 1984. No services provided to the Academy Trust.
Kirstin Hofbeck- Member
1. Employee- Newcastle Airport-Head of Finance and IT since July 2003. No services provided to the Academy Trust.
(Record updates 1.11.17 no changes)
Gillian Caleary- Member
1. Director- Out Fox Ltd- Retail Consultancy- Since 8.9.2015- No services provided to the Academy Trust.